Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 163) Nail art outline

Nail arts with outlines are there quite some time now and maybe even on their retour again.
I'm not really into outlines, especially those with a black outline and inner nude colour. It looks like you have a very huge health problem I think :-/
I do like the more classy ones with matte and glossy, gold and silver or the more cartoon ones.
Today I've tried to make my own unique outline nails. I hope you like them!

I created a colorful outline using 6 colours of nail polish:

  1. Bourjois 1 Seconde - 27 Green fizz
  2. Essence Colour & Go - 133 Oh my glitter!
  3. Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer - 02 Pimp My Shrimp
  4. Etos quick dry nailpolish - lightblue
  5. Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer - 27 The Pinky And The Brain
  6. Essence Colour & Go - 137 Wanna be your sunshine
You don't have to worry about the inner side of your nail. This will be covered soon. Just make sure your outline is neat.

Then I painted the inner side of the nail with a black nail polish, following the shape of my nails (Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer - 39 Black To The Routes). In this step you'll create your outline.
You can keep the nail art like this, but I had two reasons not to:
  1. I thought the black was too dark compared to the bright colours of the outline
  2. I wanted to try my new nail polish on a black background (Kleancolor Nail Lacquer - 234 Chunky Holo Purple), which is a holographic glitter nail polish.
Too bad the holo effect isn't well shown on the picture. Hopefully I can make a better one using daylight because I really love this nail polish and the holo really is there!



No comments:

Post a Comment